The Newark Athletic Department is seeking a Head Varsity Football Coach. Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to Jeff Quackenbush, Athletic Director via email at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is November 16, 2018.
NOTICE OF VACANCY
DATE POSTED: October 30, 2018
Position: Head Varsity High School Football Coach
Requested by: Tom Bowman Approved by: Barbara Quackenbush
• applicant with previous experience preferred
• applicant with previous experience as a participant preferred
• hold current Pupil Activity Supervisor certification if required for the position
• be acceptable to building principal & athletic director
SEE ATTACHED JOB DESCRIPTION
Deadline for Application: November 5, 2018
Effective Starting Date: 2019-2020 school year
Interested staff members must respond in writing to the Personnel Office via hand delivery or e-mail no later than 4:00 p.m. of the last day of the posting. Positions will be posted for 5 working days (3 working days during July and 1 working day August 1 to September 1).
cc: President, NTA
HEAD VARSITY FOOTBALL COACH
1. Provide newspapers and radio with pre-game publicity.
2. Provide newspapers and radio with post-game publicity. Call the Advocate between 8:00 and 8:30 a.m. when sports news is available.
3. Make arrangements with squad for physical examinations.
4. Place in writing the fundamentals, skills, and style of offense and defense desired of middle school and reserve teams.
5. Conduct a conditioning program.
6. Make necessary arrangements with the Athletic Director for the use of the stadium during pre-season practice periods.
7. Provide the Principal and Athletic Director a list of the squad members and managers.
8. Keep accurate record of equipment issued each athlete.
9. Secure from each athlete all equipment issued.
10. Make an inventory of all equipment at the close of the season.
11. Request the number of awards needed from the Athletic Director.
12. Appoint a player or manager to keep a publicity scrapbook and place scrapbook in library.
13. Contact the Athletic Director when needs or doubts occur.
14. Provide the Athletic Director with departure times and necessary meal information.
Acceptance of a supplemental contract requires that all candidates demonstrate successful completion of an appropriate sports-related first aid training course and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation training. This requirement becomes effective July 1, 1983.